Yayy! I have been awarded the Leibster award by my lovely blogger friend Mahima. She is the first friend I made through a blogger meet and it is always super fun to meet her and catch up. She is an awesome blogger too. You can read her here.
So, here are the rules of the award.
1. Write 10 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions posed by nominating blogger.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Write 11 questions for them to answer.
10 random facts about myself:
1) I love Chinese food to death. SO much so that every time we go out to eat or we order in, it HAS to be Chinese.
2) I love travelling and exploring new places. But I hate the planning part – booking tickets, hotels and shopping 😛
3) I love love love babies. And now that I have one of my own, I can’t get over how cute and lovely and mean these little beings are.
4) I don’t have a lot of good friends. I have few best friends. I am like that.
5) I have mild OCD when it comes to keeping my house clean. Everything has a place in the house and it MUST be there. No surprises please.
6) Even though I have a way with words (that’s why the blog), I find it extremely difficult to say the same things face to face.
7) I am an overtly emotional person. I can cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to anything about the people close to me. But I hate to cry in public view.
8) I am a huge “Gone with the Wind” fan. I have read the book over 10 times. If you know the book, it’s over a 1000 pages.
9) I am very desi at heart. I prefer bollywood movies and bollywood music any day over their international counter parts.
10) I am very shy in large public gatherings. I do well in a small group and best in one on one conversations.
Now for the questions posed to me:
1) Which is your favorite movie and why?
I can’t pick one for obvious reasons. But just to mention, I LUAAVVEEE “Dil To Pagal Hai” “Jab We Met” and “DDLJ”.
2) A career option you would never opt for and why.
I can never see myself high up in the Corporate Management. Forever sitting in meetings and sending emails. I would rather work and have some time free time for myself.
3) Is it better to be born rich than to be to talented?
Absolutely no. I think Talent can take you anywhere and everywhere. Can create a lot of money too. But without talent, you can squander away all the money even if you had a rich heritage.
4) A book you wish had never ended.
Of course, Gone with the Wind. I am a huge romantic at heart. Classic love stories just take away my heart like nothing else.
5) What upsets you the most?
When people misunderstand me. And that happens A LOT. 🙁
6) What is your greatest phobia?
To lose my loved ones :'(
7) What is the craziest thing you would ever want to try?
I think I have already done that. I have carried and birthed a baby 😉
8) What is your idea of a perfect weekend?
That it should never end 😉
9) Why did you start blogging?
As I said before, I am very shy at expressing my feelings in person, but writing is another thing. So a few times I wrote a few things and sent it to people concerned, I got appreciation for my writing skills. Then one of my best friends cajoled me into having a personal blog. And tada, I am here 🙂
10) What is that one line or word that comes to your mind when I say the following:
Rain – Romance, mush, melodrama and philosophy
Pizza – Husband’s favorite. So another favorite 🙂 (of course, after Chinese)
Books – I would be lost without them
Hate – It’s a very strong emotion. We could do a lot better at humanity without it.
Q11. And finally-Vampire Diaries or Prison Break(this question is for TV series freaks like me).
Haven’t watched both these series. But I am a HUGE ( and I mean really HUGE) fan of Sex and the City. Have watched all the episodes and all the seasons umpteen times.
Now for my own list of nominated bloggers:
I am not nominating 11 bloggers. But here is my list :
And now, the Questions I wish to pose to the bloggers I have nominated:
1) What do you think about blog awards? Genuine or an extension of friendship?
2) Favorite book/movie/song and why?
3) 10 random facts about yourself.
4) What was your first impression about me? Is it any different now?
5) Your inspiration to continue blogging, despite a hectic work life?
Looking forward to your posts 🙂