H hails the Heart!

It’s always funny when it’s happening to someone else. And in matters of the heart, it’s always melodramatic. But then it happened to me. And it was no longer funny or dramatic.

When I fell in love with my husband a couple of years ago, I was all rosy eyed. Like it happens with the first real love. Head over heels type. I had never thought I could love someone so much. It was like I had given him a piece of my heart. He could make me happy, sad, anxious, angry, anything. He could play with my heart. I had willfully given him the permission. And every gesture was love. And then we got married πŸ˜‰

When we spoke of children, I always thought of them as people who would come in our way. In between us love birds. I always sneered at those who said that children brings the couple closer. Or that a child can melt your heart, can you make you do the impossible yada yada. I was cynical of those statements. I was too cool for those emotions.

And then, 4 months back, our darling daughter entered this world. And today, I feel silly for the cynicism. I feel all those things are, infact, understatements. There is no way I can describe my love for this tiny being. Someone who is always demanding, crying, throwing tantrums and yet, she has the biggest space in my heart. It’s like a piece of my heart is out there for the world to see and admire. So beautiful but so vulnerable. And so easy to hurt. No wonder women are such a huge pile of emotions and mush.

20 thoughts on “H hails the Heart!

1. Pooja_abbi says:

Yes, i absolutely agree with each line and especially – No wonder women are such a huge pile of emotions and mush.

I strongly believe that it is women who are running this whole world πŸ™‚

2. Pooja Abhay says:

Ghata, we have this conversation at home and I tell my husband that he better not love our future-kids more than me, but, he tells me that I would be the one who would be doing it.

3. Dee says:

Aww that's sweet. πŸ™‚ I don't have kids yet so I can't relate, but my friend who recently had a baby told me that she never knew how much love she was capable of feeling until she had him.

4. inner-musings says:

Decision of having a baby either should be well planned or must come as a surprise.preparing for something which is like a miracle is not always possible.Once the little one come , they take all your time and we really dont think about our time too much. Your post just brings back those memories.

5. Anonymous says:

Amazing post there.. I'm in the initial days of marriage and still not there with the "i've got a Baby" phase. I have friends who share the same feeling of yours. Glad to have read your post. Wow.. πŸ™‚
    Shalzzz|Loving Life
    Check out my latest at Tale of Two Tomatoes code

Awww I can relate to your heart so much Ghata! And you are so right about children. How do we describe or explain our love for them. It is beyond definitions and words. It is all heart…only we know how much a little cut, a little disappointment or a little twinkle in those tiny eyes affect us. πŸ™‚