Today I start the A-Z blogging challenge 2014 which means I’ll be blogging this entire month, except the Sundays. I know it’s going to take a whole lot of will power to keep up the pace. But it also means that I’ll be spamming your inboxes much more. So there. You have been warned:-)
Let’s face it. We all have bee there, done that. Been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to unsolicited advice. While giving it lies in our genes amd we can give out as much, and anytime. But taking it is another ballgame altogether.
Pregnancy and new motherhood are invitations for a lot of advice. Anyone and everyone you know or you don’t will have a tip or two for you. While all of it is definitely given in good spirit, it does get to you sometimes.
Even your closest friends fall prey to this syndrome. You would call them or text them to rant about a problem, and lo and behold, they are busy extending out their set of wisdom.
Since I have recently been through all of the above situations, I can tell you, sometimes you just want to pull your hair out and shout out the choicest abuses. Ha! If only you didn’t want to be written off a lunatic.
So here is my quick advice survival guide:
1) Take all of it with a smile, but use only what you deem beneficial to you and your child. Motherly instincts are way better than experience or doctors.
2) Give advice, only when asked for it. This would make life so much simpler…isn’t it? 😆
3) Be a good listener. Most of the people/friends who call you to rant about their issues are only looking to let it out of their system. And as much as we like to think we are helping the fella at the other end, in reality, we all have to face our life’s demons ourselves. No one can take the difficult decisions for you. So just listen, nod, agree, and if need be, join your friend in abusing his/her problem. Letting go of anger is a very crucial first step to finding solution to any problem.
4) Most importantly, always be there for your friends. No matter what. Meet them, text, email, watsapp whatever it takes. And repeat step 3 ☺
5) The above post is an advice. Take a deep breath, go to step 1 and repeat 😁