A for advice

Today I start the A-Z blogging challenge 2014 which means I’ll be blogging this entire month,  except the Sundays. I know it’s going to take a whole lot of will power to keep up the pace. But it also means that I’ll be spamming your inboxes much more. So there. You have been warned:-)

Let’s face it. We all have bee there, done that. Been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to unsolicited advice. While giving it lies in our genes amd we can give out as much, and anytime. But taking it is another ballgame altogether.

Pregnancy and new motherhood are invitations for a lot of advice. Anyone and everyone you know or you don’t will have a tip or two for you. While all of it is definitely given in good spirit, it does get to you sometimes.

Even your closest friends fall prey to this syndrome. You would call them or text them to rant about a problem, and lo and behold, they are busy extending out their set of wisdom.
Since I have recently been through all of the above situations, I can tell you, sometimes you just want to pull your hair out and shout out the choicest abuses. Ha! If only you didn’t want to be written off a lunatic.

So here is my quick advice survival guide:

1) Take all of it with a smile, but use only what you deem beneficial to you and your child. Motherly instincts are way better than experience or doctors.

2) Give advice, only when asked for it. This would make life so much simpler…isn’t it? ?

3) Be a good listener. Most of the people/friends who call you to rant about their issues are only looking to let it out of their system. And as much as we like to think we are helping the fella at the other end, in reality, we all have to face our life’s demons ourselves. No one can take the difficult decisions for you. So just listen, nod, agree, and if need be, join your friend in abusing his/her problem. Letting go of anger is a very crucial first step to finding solution to any problem.

4) Most importantly, always be there for your friends. No matter what. Meet them, text, email, watsapp whatever it takes. And repeat step 3 ☺

5) The above post is an advice. Take a deep breath, go to step 1 and repeat ?

270 thoughts on “A for advice

  1. takipci al says:

    I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled
    upon this website. Reading this information So i’m happy to
    show that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered
    just what I needed. I most no doubt will make
    sure to do not overlook this website and provides it
    a glance regularly.

  2. Takipçi satın al says:

    Takipçi Satın Al Uygun Fiyatlara

    Düşük fiyatlar ile yüzlerce instagram takipçisi
    satın alabilirsiniz. Çoğunlukla bot kullanıcılardan oluşan bu takipçiler
    sayesinde takipçi sayınız yüksek görünecektir.
    Takipçi sayısı çok olan sayfaları takip etmek psikolojik açıdan ortaya çıkan olumlu bir
    sonuçtur.
    Bu sayede Takipçi satın al sayısına kısa sürede ulaşmanıza katkılı olacaktır.

    https://bit.do/takipcintrcom

  3. Takipçi satın Al says:

    Takipçi Satın Almak Nedir?

    Pek çok kişinin takipçi sayın alma hizmetinden haberi olmadığını düşünerek bu yazıyı kaleme
    almak istedik. Özellikle sosyal medya hesapları üzerinden gerek satış
    yaparak gerekse de reklam gelirleri ile
    para kazanmak isteyen kişiler
    için takipçi sayısı oldukça önemlidir.

    Takipçi sayısı düşük olan bir hesabı takip etmek
    ister misiniz?
    Pek çok kişi bu soruya yanıt olarak hayır
    demektedir.

    Takipçi sayısı yüksek olan sosyal medya hesaplarının takip
    edilme şansı çok daha yüksektir. Bu nedenle oluşturduğunuz sosyal medya hesabınız
    için takipçi satın al hizmetleri sunulmaktadır.

    https://rebrand.ly/takipci-satin-al

  4. takipçi satın al says:

    Instagram da artık basit bir halde fenomen olabilirsiniz
    Takipçilerinizi hızlı ve etken bir şekilde
    arttırmak istiyor musunuz?
    hemen bu siteye giriş yaparak tüm takipçi hizmetlerinden hızlı
    bir şekilde faydalanabilirsiniz. Sizlere en kalitel
    takipçi sistemlerini sunarak, kısa vakit arasında istediğiniz kadar takipçi gönderimi
    yapıyor.
    Sitede yer alan instagram Takipçi Satın Al hizmetinden faydalanarak arzu ettiğiniz kadar takipçiye ulaşabilirsiniz.

  5. wso shell download says:

    Hi, I do believe your website could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues.
    Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it’s got some overlapping issues.
    I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other than that, great website!

  6. instagram takipçi hilesi says:

    Howdy I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Google for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a
    incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent b.

  7. antalya böcek ilaçlama says:

    You actually make it seem so easy with your
    presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I
    think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and
    extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post,
    I’ll try to get the hang of it!

  8. instagram takipçi satın al says:

    Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe
    you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.

    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to
    your new updates.

  9. takipçi SATIN AL says:

    Kalıcı İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al : Kazanmaya Başla
    Takipçilerinizin kalıcı olmasını istiyorsanız, öncelikle İnstagram takipçi satın al sayfamızda yer alan gerçek takipçi
    paketlerimizden birini tercih etmelisiniz.
    Türk takipçilerin yer aldığı birbirinden ekonomik paketlerimiz ile siz de hızla büyüyen bir profile sahip
    olabilirsiniz.
    Düzenli İçerik Yüklediğinizden Emin Olun
    Bir sosyal medya platformunda fenomen olmak istiyorsanız, düzenli ve kaliteli içerik üretmelisiniz.
    Hedef kitlenizin yaş ve profiline uygun içerikler üretmek ve bunu düzenli şekilde yapmak sizin organik olarak
    yeni takipçiler kazanmanızı sağlar.
    Satın aldığınız takipçilerin de profilinizi ömür
    boyu takip etmesini istiyorsanız gönderilerinizin takipçilerinize uygun olduğundan emin olmalısınız.

    Takipçi Satın Al sende kazan

  10. instagram takipçi satın al says:

    Instagram Takipçi Satın Almanızın İşleminin Hesaba Etkisi

    Takipçi almak, Instagram üzerinde popülerliği yakalamak isteyen hesapların kullandığı bir yöntemdir.

    Son zamanların gözde sosyal medya platformlarından olan Instagram, her geçen kendini yenileyip güncellemesi ile kullanıcı sayısını
    milyonlara ulaştırmıştır.
    Fotoğraf ve video paylaşma platformu olan zaman içinde firmaların e-ticaret alanına dönüşmüş ve
    insanlara ek
    gelir kapışı olmuştur.
    Instagram Takipçi Satın Almanın Profiliniz için Önemi

    Popülerlik ya da ek gelir isteyen kişiler için önemli hale gelen uygulamada bu başarıyı yakalamanın yolu takipçi
    sayısına bağlı olur. Intagram’ da yüksek takipçi sayısına sahip
    olmak
    ile pek çok insanın dikkatini çekmek daha kolay olur.

    Instagram’ da doğal yollar ile takipçi elde etmek diğer sosyal medya
    uygulamalarına göre daha zor olması nedeni ile
    Instagram takipçi satın al işlemine başvurulur.
    Bu işlem,
    hesabın daha öne çıkmasını sağladığı
    gibi daha fazla etkileşim almasına da yarar.

    Etkileşim alan bir hesap da Instagram keşfet alanına
    çıkar
    böylelikle daha çok takipçi hesabı takip etmeye başlar.

    https://rebrand.ly/takipz

  11. İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al says:

    Hızla Yükselen Bir Fenomen Olmak İçin İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
    Türkiye’nin en çok tanınan fenomenlerinin aylık ne kadar kazandığını biliyor musunuz?
    Peki, İnstagram takipçi satın al hizmeti sayesinde yüksek kazançlara ulaşmanın mümkün olduğunu?

    Eğer siz de bir sosyal medya fenomeni olmak istiyorsanız,
    doğru stratejiyi uyguladığınızdan emin olmalısınız.
    İşte, adım adım fenomen olmak için yapmanız gerekenler.

    https://u.to/h_NHGw İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al

  12. takipçi satın al says:

    We absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
    Does one offer guest writers to write content
    for you? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write about here.
    Again, awesome web site!

  13. Evacuator82 Kef says:

    Нужен совет! Где можно заказать эвакуатор в Москве?

    Тут точно можно https://evacuator82.ru/ заказать эвакуатор! У них большой паркинг машин и разнооразные тарифы по Москве и московской области!

    Вызвать дешевый эвакуатор москва и московская область по низким ценам!

  14. Superevakuator24 Kef says:

    Как можно заказать эвакуатор в Москве?

    Здесь точно можно https://superevakuator24.ru/ заказать эвакуатор! У них большой паркинг машин и разнооразные тарифы по Москве и московской области!

    Вызвать эвакуатор в московской области подачу цена по низким ценам!

  15. Evakuator-tatarstan says:

    Нужна помощь, где! можно заказать эвакуатор в Москве?

    Тут точно можно https://evakuator-tatarstan.ru/ заказать эвакуатор! У них большой паркинг машин и разнооразные тарифы по Москве и московской области!

    Грузовой эвакуатор в москве и московской области 24 по низким ценам!

  16. Balashiha-evakuator says:

    Подскажите, где можно заказать автоэвакуатор в Москве?

    Здесь точно можно https://balashiha-evakuator.ru/ заказать эвакуатор! У них большой паркинг машин и разнооразные тарифы по Москве и московской области!

    Эвакуатор по москве за 1000 рублей по низким ценам!

  17. Assistance says:

    Как можно заказать эвакуатор в Москве?

    Вы можете https://assistance174.ru/ заказать эвакуатор! У них большой паркинг машин и разнооразные тарифы по Москве и московской области!

    Услуга эвакуатора недорого москва и московская область стоимость по низким ценам!

  18. Unknown says:

    Well hats off to you for taking up this challenge despite being a new mom! Really!! From the bottom of my heart. I am 7+ months old's mom and an infant blogger facing teething issues still – not haven't been able to complete many posts lying unfinished in my drafts. So good going! Nice posts.

  19. Pooja Abhay says:

    Ghata, firstly, take a bow for taking up this challenge with a lil princess to cater to. I know unasked for advices are so frustrating. Most of the times, all we women need is a listening system.

  20. Ghata says:

    I understand your point. But sometimes the loved ones are precisely the ones who need to cut us some slack 😉 ideally, of course, I should be open to it.

  21. N!V says:

    Haha ok. I'd even keep #2 for people who don't matter to me. But babes, I was comparing the "parents want the right thing for their kids" to "anyone wants right things for their loved ones". Its that want, that love that partly brings in so-called unsolicited advice. Why not just ignore if you want to? Why take it so offensively and make the people who love you think before they say something to you? That's an expectation one could have from strangers, perhaps.

  22. Ghata says:

    It's not for you, all of it. Although I would give u no. 3.. 🙂
    And as far as pushing our opinions on kids is concerned, I think to each his own. It might not be right, but it must be the best thing according to the parent. Who am I to interfere?

  23. N!V says:

    Ghats, I know all this 100% directs to me and I promise to be for you what you want me to be. I agree with #1 and #4. But I also think you are touching a very deep aspect of human psyche. Perhaps, people who give advice also love to receive it and see nothing wrong with it. So while "Give advice, only when asked for it. This would make life so much simpler…isn't it?" makes sense practically, that's not the most natural thing for some people towards their loved ones. Being a parent, you may realize that about yourself some day or may be not. But you'd at least see many other parents around pushing their ideas or opinions onto their kids.

  24. Afshan Shaik says:

    For sure no advice now 😉 😛 I would say Enjoy the challenge- It is an experience worth the pain ;D err did it sound like advice? I like the no 2 of all
    All the best!

  25. Anonymous says:

    I like #1 a lot. It completely makes sense to me. An aunt once said, when dealing with doctors, don't abandon your own common sense. You know your child best. 🙂

    Dagny

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *